Friday, August 11, 2006

MN Fringe Blog: Raising Young Fringelings

Raising Young Fringelings
Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 2:25 PM
Filed under kids fringe

I am the last person to tell a parent what they should do.."your child has to study Russian poetry, learn archery, and conjugate French verbs by age 4 or they will never amount to anything!" I think sending the kids outside with a bucket or "wasting" an afternoon blowing bubbles is the way to go!

But, please-grab your nieces, nephews, and neighborhood rugrats and bring them to a show. The fringe is a great introduction for small children. The shows are 50 minutes maximum-about the length of a Dora the Explorer DVD. I haven't seen Cinderella or Honk Jr. yet, but I would guess that both would be a good first choice for a 3+. At $5 a ticket for kids for REAL LIVE THEATER, why not initiate some new fringelings?

—Wendy Gennaula

EMAIL THIS POST COMMENT

Recent Related Posts

Comments

Posted August 10, 2006 at 12:35 AM by Naomi Kritzer
I've been enjoying reading your blog about going to shows with your "Fringelings." I'm happy to say that both my daughters were introduced to live theater at the Minnesota Fringe -- my older daughter got to see "The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet" in 2003, and this year we took both kids to see Cinderella and are going to Illinois Jane on Friday. My younger kid is not quite three, but really enjoyed Cinderella.

No comments: