Friday, August 11, 2006

MN Fringe Blog: Illinois Jane

Illinois Jane
Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 4:38 PM
Filed under kids fringe

Illinois Jane is a clever, fast-paced spoof of the Indiana Jones movies. The "fight on the moving vehicle" bit is worth the price of admission alone. And the poison dart/paper airplane bit. And the rolling ball bit. I brought my 8 year old son and he is still laughing. There are only two shows left (next Friday and Sunday). I strongly recommend this one for ages 5-12. Remember a few days ago when I was pontificating about the virtues of introducing a kid to the fringe? This is the show to take them to that the whole family will enjoy.

BTW, park in the lot across the street, not the meter. They are enforced 7 days a week. Parking my car at 12:53 I thought one hour would cover it but the show went 55 minutes. Fortunately, I did not get towed. If I had to do it again I would have left earlier, parked at Rarig (where we saw our next show-more on that tonight) and walked back and forth.

P.S. You have to love a show with an evil mime (Jennie Gustafson). But a warning-francophiles may be offended. Fortunately, this was not at the Jeune Leune venue.

—Wendy Gennaula

EMAIL THIS POST

Recent Related Posts

Comments

Posted August 7, 2006 at 8:48 AM by Jim Belich
Wendy, Thank you for the kind words about our show! I'm glad that you and your son enjoyed it so much!

No comments: