Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday Night, time to blog

A lot happened this weekend, but for the most part it was low stress. The big news is that our house now has a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl! It was released at midnight Saturday, but we told Tony that we would get it Sunday morning. Both boys were excited about getting it (Tony used his money) and Wendy made a "Happy Brawl Day" cake to celebrate.

I had fun singing this weekend with Chorus Polaris. We did a children's concert and sang "The Reluctant Dragon" by John Rutter. It was a very fun piece to sing. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Rutter. I like many of his pieces, but as a choir member I can really hate the way they are edited (with page turns at the worst possible moments). And every time I hear his Requiem I think the text for the main theme should be "Buy your film from Kodak, take a pretty picture..." (Sacrilege, I know, but the music is very "pop" to the point of sounding like background music for a commercial.)

The boys have FINALLY quieted down. After behaving well all day they decided to make bedtime interesting. Wendy is doing her NYTimes crossword and I'm starting to think about the coming week and what needs to get done.

No comments: