Sunday, October 28, 2007

Recycle, Reuse

A while back I mentioned an IKEA bed frame that we bought last year. Never again! We got a new box springs and mattress for the bed and found that the design of the bed frame allowed the box springs to slip through the frame and get unevenly wedged! So we finally went out and got a new metal bed frame which is great.

The question became what to do with the old bed frame. We felt we couldn't give it away--it was defective. As I was hauling it out Wendy looked at the head board and said "That's a really nice piece of wood. Pity you couldn't use it as a desk."

The light bulb appeared above my head!

IKEA does sell nice table legs. I went and bought a bunch of them. Turned that into my new desk in my study. The foot board turned out to be a very nice elevated shelf for the the back of the desk. So now I don't feel quite as bad about the purchase of the bed frame. But still--I don't think I'll be buying anything like that from IKEA anytime soon.

No comments: