Sunday, August 31, 2008

...to act as Americans not Republicans

I first and foremost sincerely hope that Gustav does not cause further damage to New Orleans and that part of our nation.

But I did find this statement from McCain in the NY Times curious: “''I pledge that tomorrow night, and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans,'' McCain said, ''because America needs us now.''” [emphasis added by me.]

I wonder if Mr. McCain would care to differentiate how Republicans act differently from Americans? Sounds like a continuation of the old idea of Red America and Blue America, instead of the United States of America... if I may borrow a idea I recently heard from Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, when Joanne and I heard the comment, we had the exact same reaction. -- Mike