Thursday, April 03, 2008

Long walks

Tonight Wendy and I had some child care tonight, so we went out for dinner. Nothing fancy--just Davani's Pizza. Afterwards we drove up to the 35W Bridge site, parked the car, and walked across the 10th Ave. Bridge that's next to the site. It is amazing watching the new bridge go up. I think I'm going to try to get back there this weekend with my camera and take some pictures. We then walked through the U campus and ended up crossing the river across a pedestrian/bike bridge that use to carry the railroad across the river. From that bridge you could see where all the pieces of the old 35W bridge have been placed in a U parking lot for inspection.

Back in 1992 when I was interviewing for a job at Cray Research here in MN, I was also interviewing for a job with Cray Corporation in Colorado Springs, CO. It was finally a long walk around Lake Harriet that helped us decided that where we belonged was here in the Twin Cities.

No comments: