Friday, December 29, 2006

I love IKEA!

We bought a new bookcase for the upstairs last night from IKEA. Although I didn't inherit much of the Gennaula carpentry talent, I can feel that wood in my blood working when I finish up a job like this. I mean, I did "build it"... right? :)

Slowly but surely we're transforming the upstairs from a little boys play room to a pre-teen game room. The kids love their Wii (which proud father can say they bought with their own money!). They used some of their Christmas money today to buy some more games for it.

Christmas time is so great now that my job gives me the time off. Christmas to New Years is considered part of our holiday days off. I would always work through this time at other jobs in order to save up vacation days. But after 2 years of this I'm finding how much I really need the break at this time of year.

No comments: