Sunday, October 22, 2006

Is that a lump in my pancake?

Last Sunday morning my wife and children were plotting. I knew they were—all the whispering going on whenever I left the kitchen. Wendy told me that my last pancake would be “special”.

We had decided on a family breakfast of pancakes the night before. Wendy had made delicious fish cakes for dinner that night. I had joked with her and the boys that since they were fish cakes made in a pan, they were fish pancakes! This made the boys laugh and grossed out my wife.

So Sunday morning my “special pancake” was served to me. There was a lump in the middle of it. I started to turn the pancake over and sure enough there was a sardine cooked into it. I figure “OK, you haven’t bested me yet! I’m going to take a bite of this thing… but it will be a bite from nearby the sardine, not the actual sardine.” Even without any actual fish in my mouth I could still taste the salt.

YUCK!!!!

Of course grossing out Dad was the best thing EVER that has happened to the boys. I guess that is the last time I’m going to joke about “Fish Pancakes!”

No comments: